Tom Schauwecker

Personal Property

Real Property

Tax Relief


Leased Vehicle Information

Leased vehicles should NOT be reported on an Individual Personal Property Assessment Form. Leasing companies are responsible for reporting these vehicles to the Assessor's office because they are the titled owner's of the vehicles.

To renew the license plates on a leased vehicle, one of the following documents will need to be presented to the Department of Revenue: either a Statement of Non-Assessment, if you were not leasing your vehicle on January 1 of the previous tax year, or Personal Property Tax Receipt, if you were leasing the vehicle on January 1 of the previous year.

A statement of non-assessment may be obtained by presenting your lease agreement or vehicle registration renewal notice.

If you were leasing the vehicle on January 1 of the previous tax year, your leasing company may have provided you with a copy of the paid personal property tax receipt. If not, you may obtain a copy from the Collector of Revenue's Office.

Any questions?  Feel free to contact us:

Home | Accessibility | County Officials | Hours & Location | Site Map | County Fact Sheet

Assessor | Auditor | County Clerk | Collector | Commission | Human Resources | GIS
Prosecuting Attorney | Public Works | Purchasing | Public Administrator
Recorder of Deeds | Resource Management | Sheriff | Treasurer

to the Boone County News email list.

Questions or Comments? Email Assessor

www.ShowMeBoone.com Boone County, Missouri.  801 East Walnut Columbia, MO 65201 USA