Victim Response Team
We need your help in evaluating our services to victims of crime in Boone County. Please take a few minutes to take a survey
about your contact with our office. All responses will be kept confidential. We appreciate your assistance as we try to improve the quality of our services to victims of crime in our community.
The Victim Response Team provides emotional support, legal and judicial explanation, and referral to the proper local agencies for crime victims and their families. The philosophy of the Victim Response Team is that victims (and witnesses) of crime should be treated with dignity, compassion, and respect in the aftermath of crime. Victims should be informed of the criminal justice system's response to the crime and its handling of the offender. Victims should also have an opportunity to provide input to the disposition, sentencing, and release of the offender in a manner that minimizes inconvenience to the victim.
ADVOCACY: To assist crime victims and witnesses through the criminal justice system.
The Victim Response Team assists by
- See the Victim Impact Statement Brochure.
- providing emotional support for victims and their families.
- informing victims of their rights under the Victims' Rights Law.
- keeping the victim aware of case status.
- providing information on court procedures.
- providing escort to court proceedings.
- its child advocacy program.
- providing a secure witness waiting room.
- restitution determination and filing with the court. (See the Restitution Claim Form.)
- assisting with Crime Victims' Compensation Applications.
Rights as a Crime Victim in Missouri
The right to
- information about the crime.
- be informed of hearing and trial dates.
- be present at all criminal justice proceedings at which the defendant has such right.
- be informed of availability of victim compensation assistance, financial assistance, and emergency crisis intervention.
- be informed of any release on bond. (Call the Boone County Jail at 875-1111 to request notification when the defendant posts bond.) Current Boone County Jail Inmates
- participate in criminal justice proceedings without being discharged or disciplined by an employer.
- be informed of the defendant's release or escape from custody.
- appear at sentencing to provide an oral or written statement to the court about the impact of the crime.
www.ShowMeBoone.com Boone County, Missouri.
801 East Walnut Columbia, MO 65201 USA