Kelly Wallis, Director
Boone County Community Services
605 E. Walnut, Ste. A
Columbia, MO 65201
Office (573) 886-4298
- Mission Statement
- Vision Statement
- Agendas & Minutes
- Board Application
- Funding Opportunities
- Funded Organizations
Children's Services Board Application
The Boone County Children’s Services Board was established in 2013 as a result of the passage of a special sales tax levy in November, 2012. It is the responsibility and goal of the Boone County Commission to appoint members to the Board that are representative of our community, with diversity in age, race, gender, and experience. Individuals with experience in one of the following six areas are especially encouraged to apply; however, the County Commission recognizes that these areas are not exclusive:
- Mental Health (A person with experience with mental health advocacy or the provision of mental health services.)
- Healthcare Administration experience
- Administrative experience with governmental or social service agency
- A former eligible service recipient or a guardian of a former eligible service recipient ("Former eligible service recipient" refers to a child under the age of 19 who would have qualified for services because the child needed outpatient services relating to chemical dependency or psychiatric treatment; the need for counseling services; or the need for other professional services as a result of abuse, neglect, homelessness, runaway status, teen pregnancy or an emotional disturbance.)
- Legal experience (A person with experience representing juveniles impacted by a mental health, housing, abuse/neglect, or pregnancy-related crisis.)
- Accountant / Finance
The Boone County Children’s Services Board consists of nine members, each serving a three-year term. Board terms are staggered such that three positions will be open to applicants each year. Any Board member desiring reappointment at the conclusion of their term will be required to submit a new application.
Thank you for your consideration.
To apply for the Boone County Children's Services Board, please complete and print the following PDF form. Be sure to sign and date the printed copy before submitting. Applicants are also required to submit their resume or curriculum vitae. Applications and resumes/C.V.s may be delivered to the Boone County Commission Office in person; sent by mail to 801 E. Walnut Street, Room 333; or emailed as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Any questions? Feel free to contact us:
|Boone County Community Services|
605 E. Walnut, Ste. A
(573) 886-4298 Office
Subscribe to the Boone County News email list.
Questions or Comments? Email Community Services
www.ShowMeBoone.com Boone County, Missouri. 801 East Walnut Columbia, MO 65201 USA